I moved to a country of
five hours flight away from home and discovered that I am an introvert.
I realized that groups of
people deliberately gathered together in the name of ‘friendship’ were among
the things that I was not so good at. Movies seemed too long and chatty
meetings with people seemed too taxing to sustain not to mention that some came
with finely directed canons.
Just so that we are not
confused or misinformed, I do not hate people in fact I am a talkative person
who says hi to all and generally carries conversations and shyness is one of
those things that totally lack in my personality. This is the definition of
‘INTROVERT’ that I stand by: ‘An Introvert is a person who is energized by
being alone; whose energy is drained by being around other people’.
So I discovered a very
cool world to hang out, this is a world I traveled to regularly while I was
home but in recent times, I spend a lot of time there. In this world I do not
have to exert myself in any way I am just THE OBSERVER. In this world I immerse
knowledge in abundance.
In this cool world I
‘hang out’ with the characters and people in the stories, I get to sit on
boards that discuss intricate political, economic, religious and social intricacies.
I get to see different cultures, opinions, eras and people. This is the world
of the written word. I would love to share this world with people around me
because this world is powerful and informative and there is a lot of freedom in
the world of the written word.

No comments:
Post a Comment